Recipe by animal lover
keep an eye on them because they burn easily, but are so delicious
Top Review by MangiaCake
These cookies didn't taste too bad but the dough was really dry and glutinous.. I had a heck of a time trying to roll it out. I followed the recipe religiously but they just didn't come out. I think something is missing here.
- 2 cups s all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar or 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- beat together butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour until smooth.
- On a floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll dough to a ½-inch thickness. Using a 1 inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Gather trimmings, re-roll, and cut out more cookies.
- Place cookies, 1 inch apart, on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until set and golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.