Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
This is a light fluffy custard. You could also use 2 egg replacers in place of the banana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk cornstarch, sugar, and salt together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- 2Add milk and egg replacer or banana and whisk until lumps disappear.
- 3Heat over medium heat, whisking, until the custard thickens.
- 4To test whether the custard is thick enough, dip a wooden spoon into the mixture and run your finger through the coating.
- 5When the custard is thick enough, the trail will not close back up.
- 6Take the custard off heat. Whisk in butter, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- 7Cool with a plastic sheet pressed to the surface to prevent a skin from forming.
- 8Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Vanilla - Banana Custard
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 208.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: