- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 small turnips, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and add the fennel seed and turnip chunks. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, turmeric, and cumin. Stir until every piece of turnip is coated with spice. Continue to cook over very low heat for about 10 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- Add the water - I prefer my curry less soupy, so I used about a half cup of water. If you like a soupier consistency add the full cup. Cook until heated through - another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.