Recipe by Zeke Koch
Incredibly yummy vegan truffles.
Top Review by johnevoice
If I could rate this "10 stars" - I WOULD! Honestly, when I read the list of ingredients, I laughed. I thought that those ingredients could no way create a great tasting truffle. I prepared this recipe on a dare. Well I was WRONG.
OMG! This IS FANTASTIC. Vegans and NON VEGANS - LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS RECIPE. Its because of the ratings I dared to try it. Silky smooth texture and rich rich flavor. I used semi-sweet chips which were the perfect taste combo for me. BTW if you don't own a scale - 1lb of chocolate chips = 2 2/3 cups ( according to Hershey). That helped since most bags come in 12oz portions. Thanks for this recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cashews and cold water in a blender and blend at high speed for 1-2 minutes (yes a long time).
- Scrape the sides down and blend again until the mixture is the consistency of heavy cream.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler heat the chocolate until it's all melted.
- Cool the chocolate until it's comfortable to work with and fold in the cashew cream (making sure not to stir too fast or you'll create bubbles).
- Cool in the fridge for 2 hours (to set).
- Take out a small ball, roll in cocoa powder and store in fridge/freezer.
- Repeat until done.