Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love pound cakes, but I don't like all the eggs and dairy you have to put in them to make them turn out right. I found this recipe on A Vegan For Dinner site and I'm going to give it a try. This should be delicious with a fruit compote.
- 1⁄2 cup softened vegan margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup lowfat silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Add dry to wet ingredients and combine to make a nice smooth batter.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for about 50 minutes.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- Slice and serve with your favorite fruit compote.
- Bon Appetit!