Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These delicious meatball alternatives are great with pasta and tomato sauce. They are gluten-free and sugar-free and appropriate for the 21 day Quantum Wellness Cleanse. They are a bit fragile so be careful when removing them from the pan. This recipe is only slightly adapted from the Post Punk Kitchen website.
- 300 g tofu, extra-firm
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, gluten-free
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, no sugar added is best
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, gluten-free
- rice flour, to roll the balls in
- oil, to fry the balls in
- Combine all ingredients except for the rice flour and oil. Mix thoroughly by hand. Don't use a mixer because the mixture will be too soft and gooey.
- Roll the tofu balls in the rice flour and then fry until golden brown all over - about 5 minutes.