Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a Peta member. Probably delicious.
Make and share this Vegan Thanksgiving Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked lentils (or brown rice)
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped (or walnuts)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sage (optional)
- marjoram (optional)
- thyme (optional)
- rosemary (optional)
- pepper (season to your liking) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8 or 9 inch square casserole dish with cooking spray.
- While lentils are cooking, saute celery and onion in the olive oil.
- Mix well all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread into casserole dish, and bake for 45 minutes.
Very good. Used all the spices suggested, tasted like Thanksgiving!
I am not vegan-or even a vegetarian for that matter-but wanted to provide an option for my vegetarian pals at work for our spread. ANYWAY - this is really simple and delicious. Everyone who tried it asked for the recipe. I think it works as a main dish or as a side (kind of like stuffing...)