1/1 Photo of Vegan Tempeh Salad
This is an adopted recipe I've not yet had the chance to try. Here's what the OP had to say about it: "I’ve also heard this referred to as “Vegan Tuna Salad.” I absolutely love this salad! I’m not a vegetarian, let alone vegan, but this is fabulous. I've been buying it from Whole Foods Market in their Deli section (expensive little 8 ounce containers) so I came up with this by reading the ingredients listed on the container! I love it with tortilla chips..."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces soy tempeh
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish (I use Cascadian Farms organic sweet relish)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup scallion, sliced into little rings, only the white and very light parts
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise (I recommend Vegenaise non-dairy vegan mayonnaise)
- 1Prepare the tempeh first breaking it into chunks and steaming it over boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- 2Set aside and allow to cool.
- 3Assemble the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl adjusting the amounts according to your preference.
- 4Finely crumble the cooled tempeh into the bowl and combine with the chopped vegetables.
- 5Add the mayonnaise last.
- 6Chill before serving.
- 7Serve as a sandwich spread – hearty wheat bread is nice, or serve as a dip with organic stone ground tortilla chips.
- 8Serving size is relative -- .
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Tempeh Salad
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 474.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 12.4 g