Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I couldn't find any recipes for vegan tapioca pudding that didn't use instant tapioca, so I improvised. The measurements are approximate, I just eyeballed it. I think I'm going to add coconut flakes next time for a little texture.
- 1 cup large pearl tapioca
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups almond milk
- 2⁄3 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond
- Boil water and add tapioca. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Bring almond milk to a boil and add to tapioca.
- Simmer about an hour, or until a little thicker than egg whites. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients.
- Chill until more solid.
This is great served warm or cold. We didn't have any Amaretto so I used about a tsp of Almond Extract and the cooking time was only 20 mins to the hint of egg whites. Taste like a good humor toasted almond bar. good going yogurtkiller