Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe on VeganWolf.com. Makes the equivalent of two 14 oz cans. Haven't tried it yet, but it could open up a world of options for vegan cooking. Posting for safe keeping.
- Place the soy milk into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Heat the margarine in a separate pan. Add the sugar and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the hot milk mixture when the sugar has dissolved.
- Add a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Continue to boil gently, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes, or until it thickens a little.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool. The vegan condensed milk is now ready for use as wished.