Chef #718118's Note:
Found this recipe on VeganWolf.com. Makes the equivalent of two 14 oz cans. Haven't tried it yet, but it could open up a world of options for vegan cooking. Posting for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the soy milk into a heavy-based saucepan.
- 2Heat to boiling.
- 3Heat the margarine in a separate pan. Add the sugar and mix with a wooden spoon.
- 4Pour in the hot milk mixture when the sugar has dissolved.
- 5Add a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- 6Continue to boil gently, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes, or until it thickens a little.
- 7Remove from heat and leave to cool. The vegan condensed milk is now ready for use as wished.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g