Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am a vegetarian and I am allergic to wheat. I have vegan friends and I'm considering making the switch. This is a recipe I threw together that can work as a main dish if you don't mind a little bit of sweet for dinner or as a dessert if you are looking for something not loaded with sugar. It is fairly easy to throw together and doesn't take too much prep time.
- 1 sweet potato (large, I prefer garnets)
- 1 plantain
- 1⁄4 cup dried pineapple (or any dried or fresh fruit you like)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (ginger works well too although I'm a cinnamon junky)
- olive oil
- Wash and dice sweet potato and slice plantain (slices should be a medium thickness).
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan to medium high heat.
- Add sweet potato, cook 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add plantain, cook another 5-10 minutes until almost desired result.
- Add dried pineapples and raisins, stir in cinnamon, cook a couple of additional minutes.
- Plate and enjoy! (tastes great with a bit of brown sugar if you need a sweeter version for dessert).