This is a recipe I whipped together today to use on pizza, as I'd forgotton to buy fresh tomatoes at the market. My partner and I both loved it!
- Place first three ingredients into food processor and "chop" roughly. Set aside.
- Boil tomatoes in water (or broth) in a shallow pan.
- When tomatoes have softened, add them and any remaining liquid to the food processor and puree.
- Add remaining 5 ingredients to tomato puree and stir.
- Pour garlic-onion mixture into processor with tomato and puree to desired consistancy. This makes a thick, rich and slightly spicy sauce!