Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe courtesy BettyCrocker.com
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons vanilla soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, the margarine, 1/4 cup soymilk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and cream tartar until blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on generously floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with 2- to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters. On cookie sheet, place cutouts about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- In large mixing bowl, beat icing ingredients with fork or whisk until smooth. If icing is too thick, beat in 1 additional teaspoon soymilk. Frost cookies. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Tip: If desired, divide the icing among small bowls and tint each one a different color, evenly blending in food color with fork or whisk.
- Tip: Cooking Vegan? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegan. If unsure about an ingredient or product check with the manufacturer.