Recipe by XxXxkittykat
The perfect sugar cookie. Not too hard, but not too soft. Tastes just like the real thing too!
Top Review by kristinaudy
Good cookies. I over baked them, as I kept waiting for them to turn slightly brown, which they never did. That's most likely why they turned out a bit crisper than I prefer. Won't make that mistake next time!.... Overall, a good cookie.
- 118.29 ml vegan butter
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 59.16 ml water
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 532.32 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml rice milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream 'butter', sugar, egg replacers + water, and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix well and begin to form a dough.
- Add enough rice milk to moisten the dough (more 'butter' might help too, you'll just have to play with it until a dough is formed).
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Once it's ready, roll dough to desired thickness, approximately 1/4 inch thick, and use cookie cutters to form shapes. You could also just make these into rounds.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Cool on racks.
- Decorate with frosting or just dig in and enjoy!
- Note: these sugar cookies are the best, my family that isn't vegan couldn't even tell the difference and they loved them. Also, one of my friends ended up taking these cookies home not even knowing they were vegan!