The perfect sugar cookie. Not too hard, but not too soft. Tastes just like the real thing too!
Make and share this Vegan Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, cream 'butter', sugar, egg replacers + water, and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix well and begin to form a dough.
- Add enough rice milk to moisten the dough (more 'butter' might help too, you'll just have to play with it until a dough is formed).
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Once it's ready, roll dough to desired thickness, approximately 1/4 inch thick, and use cookie cutters to form shapes. You could also just make these into rounds.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Cool on racks.
- Decorate with frosting or just dig in and enjoy!
- Note: these sugar cookies are the best, my family that isn't vegan couldn't even tell the difference and they loved them. Also, one of my friends ended up taking these cookies home not even knowing they were vegan!