Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes that I added a few ingredients to. The reviews that the original recipe received were to dry and a bit tasteless. The changes did make a nice cookie with a good taste.
- 10 tablespoons vegan margarine (room temp-soft)
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- vegan egg substitute, enough to equal one egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Cream vegan margarine and vegan sugar. Add egg substitute, enough to equal one regular egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well except for the 2 tbls of sugar and 2 tbls of cinnamon. Combine these two ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Form balls and roll in sugar and cinnamon.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 F for about 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden.
This was a good tasting cookie. No problems with saltiness or dryness of the cookie. My DS enjoyed them!
This recipe has too much dry ingredient and not enough liquid to make cookies. I am not sure what the typo was but this recipe does not work and is not representative of how great vegan cookies can be. Any sugar cookie recipe can be made vegan by using egg replacer, vegan sugar, and vegan margarine. I recommend sugar cookie drops at cookierecipe.com with these alterations.
They taste like margarine and sugar balls. Even if you think that sounds delish, (as my brother did) trust me, they're disgusting.