Recipe by Vegan21
Moist vegan sugar cookies that are VERY sweet and ready for colored frosting or sprinkles in your choice of holiday colors.
Top Review by sad_luck_dame
Very good! Having no egg replacer, I used peanut butter to make it all stick together. I used half the recommended oil, and just added water at the end, to get the right consistency. They turned out light and crispy. Almond butter is also great to use with these!
- 1 cup vegan margarine (try Earth Balance or Soy Garden)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup white vegan sugar
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute (try Ener-G Egg replacer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (to taste)
- 4 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup white vegan sugar (for decoration and extra sugary coating)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the vegan margarine, oil, confectioners' sugar, and 1 cup vegan white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pre-mixed egg replacer and stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar; stir into the creamed mixture. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and then roll the balls in remaining white sugar. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks, if desired.