Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I was looking for something to substitute for condensed milk and couldn't find anything Vegan that I liked so I decided to make an executive decision and do one myself. I found this to be so delicious and creamy. I liked the nuttiness of the flavour also.
- 1 1⁄8 cups powdered milk (Better Than Milk Soy Powder)
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (filtered)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (raw cane)
- Add the milk powder and warm water together in the top of a double boiler. Stir well to incorporate.
- Once the water in the bottom of the double boiler is gently boiling add the sugar and stir for a few minutes to make sure it is dissolved.
- Put in a dish and cool. This milk substitute can be used in any recipe that calls for condensed milk.
Very creditable. I have this posted in my cupboard for use when needed. It made more than I required, but it was still the best non-milk substitute I've ever tried. Thanks for posting this up!