Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Vegan main dish dinner that you can feed to meat eaters and they know no different!
Make and share this Vegan Stuffed Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces quinoa pasta
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup raw cashews
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 leek, chopped fine (white part only)
- 24 ounces marinara sauce (I cheated and used a jar sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- salt and pepper
- Crumble tofu into a food processor or powerful blender. Add the the cashews, roasted garlic, 2 tbsp of the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper Pulse until incorporated (you do not want this "too" smooth). Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a saute pan heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the leeks, mushrooms, basil and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until soft, about three minutes. Add to the tofu mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Cover the bottom of a baking dish (I used a 9x12) with a thin layer of marinara sauce.
- Stuff the cooked shells with the "ricotta" mixture using a spoon. Place each shell face up on the marinara sauce. Place 2/3 of the remaining sauce on top of the shells (reserve the remaining marinara and serve with the meal for those that desire more sauce).
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.