Recipe by havolina
Don't tell anyone it isn't Ricotta. They will never know! I served this at a potluck where most were meat eaters. It passed with flying colors. No one even thought it was vegan until I told them. Most went back for seconds after finding out. This recipe is from the Post Punk Kitchen (www.ppk.com)
Top Review by tdoornbos
Great recipe -- love that the simplicity makes it easy to riff. The one thing I think I'll add for next time is something with a nutty flavor, since ricotta has it, and the tofu doesn't.
- 16 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 12 ounces tofu (extra firm)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces soy mozzarella cheese (vegan gourmet)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- bring water to a boil, and cook shells al dente according to the package directions.
- drain and let cool.
- in food processor, crumble tofu and add salt and olive oil.
- blend to a smooth consistency (like ricotta.).
- sautee spinach in 2 T olive oil.
- add spinach to tofu mixture.
- coat bottom of 9x13 pan with tomato sauce.
- fill each jumbo shell with about 1.5 T of the "ricotta".
- place shells in pan, cover with the remaining sauce and a hefty layer of soy cheese.
- cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- uncover and bake for an additional 20 or until cheese is melty.