Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
an italian must! modified from PPK
- 2 large bell peppers
- 1⁄2 lb tofu, x-firm- frozen then thawed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 baby carrots
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup raw almonds
- 1⁄8 onion, any kind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cut off tops of peppers and with your finger pull out any seeds and flatten inside "stuff", and set aside.
- in a food processor, grind tofu, garlic, carrots, spinach, onions and almonds. season this mixture to your likings.
- using a spoon and your finger, stuff as much filling into the peppers as you can and place on a cookie sheet. bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until peppers have softened.
- serve over pasta, couscous, rice, salad ect -- makes for good grilling too!
Doubled the garlic and onions; and before bake topped with organic tomatoes, more mozarella, Medit sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. Loved this great tofu bell pepper recipe; thank you, Cynna !
Delicious! I added a few ingredients and modified how I put them together such as I salted the inside of the pepper before adding the mixture; and I crumbled the tofu into the vegetables instead of putting it in the food processor. I added to olive oil to the mixture and also put some cracked crumbs on top before baking.