- 2 large bell peppers
- 1⁄2 lb tofu, x-firm- frozen then thawed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 baby carrots
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup raw almonds
- 1⁄8 onion, any kind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- cut off tops of peppers and with your finger pull out any seeds and flatten inside "stuff", and set aside.
- in a food processor, grind tofu, garlic, carrots, spinach, onions and almonds. season this mixture to your likings.
- using a spoon and your finger, stuff as much filling into the peppers as you can and place on a cookie sheet. bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until peppers have softened.
- serve over pasta, couscous, rice, salad ect -- makes for good grilling too!