Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
This delicious dinner is appropriate for the 21 day Quantum Wellness Cleanse. Start this dinner early in the day by preparing the wild rice and then allowing it to cool. And scooping out the darn zucchini flesh took longer than I expected, so allow plenty of time for that or you'll be eating dinner late!
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Super good! I kind of winged it since I wasn't sure how large a large zucchini is. I used a zucchini that was about 12 inches and scooped it out with a melon baller and that worked great. I added a pinch of thyme and poultry seasoning, used toasted walnuts instead of cashews and some mushrooms to the mix. I'm already looking forward to making these again and know that pretty much any add-ins ratios will work. I'm not vegan so a little sprinkle of cheese sounds like a yummy addition too. Thanks for sharing the keeper.
- 2 ounces wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 ounces cashew nuts, lightly salted and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise. Scoop out the insides, leaving about a quarter inch rim all the way around. Place these zucchini shells on a foil lined baking pan. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook over medium high heat just until the onion begins to brown 8 to 10 minutes.
- add the zucchini flesh, garlic and carrot. Cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cashews and cooked rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the veggie/rice mixture into the zucchini shells. Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes.