Vegan (Strict Vegetarian) Pumpkin Pie
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Blend the tofu in a food processor or with a blender until smooth and cream-like; the blending may take three or four minutes total.
- Stop the machine every once in a while to scrape large pieces of tofu down into the machine's blades.
- Add two heaping cups of cooked pumpkin and blend some more, again stopping the machine and scraping the mixture down.
- The result should be a light orange-colored paste with no lumps of tofu.
- Put the paste into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar, salt, and spices.
- Mix well and spoon it into two pie crusts; top with small bits of crust cut into shapes, if desired.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until the crusts are dark brown (but not burned).