Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you've never tried a non-dairy version of this pie, or if pumpkin pie is an entirely new idea for you, you should try this recipe.
- 2 (350 g) boxes silken tofu, drained
- 2 cups of cooked pumpkin
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, not packed tight
- 1 dash salt
- 7 teaspoons blended pumpkin pie spice
pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 vegan pie crusts
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Blend the tofu in a food processor or with a blender until smooth and cream-like; the blending may take three or four minutes total.
- Stop the machine every once in a while to scrape large pieces of tofu down into the machine's blades.
- Add two heaping cups of cooked pumpkin and blend some more, again stopping the machine and scraping the mixture down.
- The result should be a light orange-colored paste with no lumps of tofu.
- Put the paste into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar, salt, and spices.
- Mix well and spoon it into two pie crusts; top with small bits of crust cut into shapes, if desired.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until the crusts are dark brown (but not burned).
I absolutely loved this pie. I usually prefer sweet potato pie over pumpkin, but this was VERY good. My 4 and 7 yr. old love it as well. It is rare that both of my boys like the same foods. Nichole