Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy vegan recipe for strawberry lovers!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry (fresh or thawed)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 muffin tins.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix soymilk, oil, and vanilla, but be careful not to over-mix. It should be a bit lumpy.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients, fold in the strawberries, and spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes inside the pan, then remove them and place on a cooling rack.
I have a LOT of food allergies but this muffin recipe (almost) catered to them all. I used 1.5 cups of Gluten Free flour instead of the two varieties listed here. Not as light as regular muffins, but still good if you're confined to a strict diet.
Super easy and delicious! I substituted applesauce for oil and almond milk for soy milk since it was all I had on hand and they came out perfect.