Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- In a small saucepan, place the apple juice and agar-agar flakes, and simmer for 5 minutes to thoroughly dissolve the agar-agar flakes.
- In a food processor, process the tofu and vegetable oil for 2 minutes to form a smooth puree.
- Add the dissolved agar-agar, soy milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt, and process for 1-2 minutes or until very smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add additional sweetener or vanilla, if desired.
- Add the strawberries and pulse the food processor 3 times.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- (Or, if you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a large shallow pan, and place it in the freezer. Stir the mixture every hour or so to give it a smooth texture. When completely frozen, remove it from the freezer, and allow it to sit at room temperature).