Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very tasty. Adapted to be Vegan from a recipie in the local paper. Tastes great over cooked apples or other fruit as a vegan dessert.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ or 1⁄2 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup real maple syrup (not maple flavored syrup)
- 3⁄4 cup sucanat
- 1 cup raisins
- In large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and wheat germ or flax. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch extra deep non-stick skillet, place the oil, maple syrup, and sucanat. Place the pan over medium heat and stir constantly until the sucanat is melted and the mixture just begins to bubble.
- Add the oat mixture and stir well to completely coat with syrup. Reduce the heat to medium low. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the granola begins to sizzle and toast, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the heat and add raisins.
- Allow to cool.
- Transfer to an air tight container to keep fresh.
- Makes about 7 cups. Keeps for up to 2 weeks.