I got this off of Vegetarian Cooking School! Yummy! It's all in English measurements though!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for sponge
- 250 ml soya milk
- 100 ml water
- 200 g dates
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 115 g vegan margarine
- 115 g soft brown sugar
- 200 g white self raising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for toffee sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Line a 20cmx 20cm shallow cake tin with baking parchment.
- 3Chop the dates in half and put them in a small saucepan; cover with the soya milk and water. Simmer until the dates are soft.
- 4Take off the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda which will froth as you add it to the date mixture. Leave to cool.
- 5Beat together the margarine and sugar until pale and creamy.
- 6Add the date mixture and stir.
- 7Mix the spices into the flour. Sieve the flour and fold into the sponge mixture.
- 8Spoon the sponge mixture into the prepared tin.
- 9Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cooked and the sponge bounces back when pressed.
- 10To make the sauce: melt the syrup, margarine, sugar and vanilla essence in a small saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes without stirring. Leave to cool slightly and then stir in the soya cream.
- 11Prick the pudding all over and pour half the hot toffee sauce over the pudding. Serve the rest of the sauce with the pudding and if you like, a scoop of vanilla soya ice cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.2
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 77.5 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: