Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I have been looking for a simple sponge cake recipe without dairy/eggs and found this one. It suggested food coloring, but I wouldn't use that. I got it from this site: http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=1593069 I'm going to definitely try this one.
- 2 cups spelt flour or 2 cups other all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (non-aluminum)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute (ener-G)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup light oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons light oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups filtered water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla and oil until all dry ingredients are moistened. Add the water and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.