Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
modified from ppk
- 1 (10 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (14 ounce) container extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 32 ounces marinara sauce
- 16 ounces soy cheese, shreds
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring water to a boil (enough to cook entire package of shells). Cook shells al dente according to package directions. Drain and let cool.
- In food processor, crumble tofu. Add garlic, parsley, salt and olive oil. Blend to a smooth consistency, not unlike melty ricotta cheese.
- Cook frozen spinach according to package directions. Add spinach to tofu mixture, making sure to thoroughly drain spinach, if necessary.
- Coat bottom of casserole pan with sauce. Fill each jumbo shell with approx 2 tbsp of spinach tofu mixture . Place shells in casserole pan and cover with remaining sauce and a hefty layer of soy/rice cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melty and fantastic. Enjoy!
Most definitely a FIVE STAR recipe! THanks so much for posting!! This is my new go-to for manicotti, so easy and tasty. My only change was to use fresh spinach. Wonderful!