Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This can also be made with cow milk ingredients, but I don't think it is as tasty & I am a meat eater. If you did not know, you would swear there were eggs in this.
- 9 inches vegan pie crusts
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb red swiss chard, rinsed and chopped (red portions separated)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup plain soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded soy cheddar cheese (make sure to get the kind that melts)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bake pie crust until lightly browned.
- You may need to prick with a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Meanwhile, place spinach and Swiss chard in a steamer over boiling water and cover.
- Lightly cook, about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions, garlic, and red portions of chard.
- When onions become transparent add greens and bell pepper.
- Stir in curry powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Saute until greens reduce, then add capers.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- In a blender, combine tofu, soy milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom and Parmesan cheese.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over vegetables and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to the pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.