Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Here's a spinach artichoke dip or sandwich spread that is yummy, super for dieters, and actually cheesy-tasting without the dreaded "nooch" funk. Eaten on Arnold's Double Protein bread, one recipe makes a full day's satisfying eating in less than 10 minutes. The protein, fiber and seaweed aren't strictly necessary but they help make it more nutritionally complete and sataisfying.
- 16 ounces canned artichoke hearts
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon soy protein
- 1 tablespoon fiber supplement (e.g. Metamucil)
- 1 tablespoon dried wakame seaweed, if desired
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- hot sauce
- Cook spinach in microwave at full power for 3 - 4 minutes. Meanwhile, chop other ingredients in food processor until it is a chunky puree. Add the cooked spinach and process again until dip is of desired consistency.