1/1 Photo of Vegan Spelt Buns or Rolls
Fast & Easy buns or rolls, that are made with healthy ingredients and taste great! Adapted from http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/recipes/30-minute-spelt-rolls-that-are-light-airy/ With just a few simple changes to suit my Vegan lifestyle.
My Private Note
rolls o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Grease a 9"x13" and set aside. (I used coconut oil cooking spray).
- 2Mix the 1 tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp water, let sit 15 minutes. It should absorb the water, resulting in a thick and goopy mixture.
- 3In your mixer bowl combine water, coconut oil, yeast and sugar. Mix and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- 4Using your dough hook attachment, mix in the salt, flax mixture and flour. Knead with hook until dough is smooth and soft (about 2 minutes). You may add 2 tbsp more flour if it seems too sticky.
- 5Form dough into 12 equal sized balls and place into the greased 9"x13" pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- 6Bake for 18 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- 7Brush with melted vegan butter and sprinkle some poppy or sesame seeds on top.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Spelt Buns or Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 234.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coconut sugar crystals