Recipe by Winterfood
Fast & Easy buns or rolls, that are made with healthy ingredients and taste great! Adapted from http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/recipes/30-minute-spelt-rolls-that-are-light-airy/ With just a few simple changes to suit my Vegan lifestyle.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄3 cup refined coconut oil, melted (one with no coconut aroma)
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds or 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease a 9"x13" and set aside. (I used coconut oil cooking spray).
- Mix the 1 tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp water, let sit 15 minutes. It should absorb the water, resulting in a thick and goopy mixture.
- In your mixer bowl combine water, coconut oil, yeast and sugar. Mix and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Using your dough hook attachment, mix in the salt, flax mixture and flour. Knead with hook until dough is smooth and soft (about 2 minutes). You may add 2 tbsp more flour if it seems too sticky.
- Form dough into 12 equal sized balls and place into the greased 9"x13" pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Brush with melted vegan butter and sprinkle some poppy or sesame seeds on top.