1/3 Photos of Vegan Spanakopita Triangles
2 hrs 10 mins
I made this up and it's fantastic! Very time-consuming, but well worth the effort. (When I say here to bathe the spinach, I mean fill your sink with cold water and shake the spinach in there for a while to get the sand off the leaves.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the tbsp of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and saute until translucent.
- 2Add the spinach to the pan and cover, stirring occasionally, until wilted. Remove from heat and drain in a strainer.
- 3Add the spinach mixture, tofu, salt, pepper, oregano and lemon juice to a mixing bowl. Toss to blend evenly.
- 4Heat the rest of the oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- 5On a dry cutting board lay down the first piece of phyllo dough. Lightly brush with a little oil and fold in half lengthwise. Place a spoonful (about 2 tbsp) of the mixture onto the bottom section of the dough. Take the bottom left corner and fold it over the mixture, mooshing it to make it line up with the edges of the dough. Make sure to keep a little bit of space between the mixture and the edge of the dough.
- 6Brush the part of the dough that is folded over the mixture with oil, and fold that section over again, the way you would fold a flag, so it makes a triangle. Keep brushing the dough lightly with oil before every fold and at the end to get the remaining edges to stick to the triangle. When you are done, you should have a 4ish inch long triangle pocket. Place on a cookie sheet and poke once with a fork to let steam out.
- 7Repeat this with the sheet of phyllo dough until all of the mixture is used up.
- 8Cook in a 425F oven for 10-20 minutes, until golden brown and flaky all over.
- 9If you would like a dipping sauce for the spanakopita, whisk the juice of 2 lemons into a bowl with 1/2 c olive oil and add some minced garlic.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Spanakopita Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (1895 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 349.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g