Adapted from the Isa Chandra Moskowitz original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375º. Oil the cookie sheet or use parchment paper to line the pan.
- 2Heat 2 T oil, add spinach, green onion, garlic, and dill, and sauté, stirring frequently until spinach is limp and the liquid that sweats out has boiled away. Set aside and let cool.
- 3Drain tofu, wrap in towel(s), and press out excess liquid. Place in bowl and use whisk (or your hands) to mash it.
- 4Take the cooled spinach mixture and squeeze as much liquid out as you can.
- 5Add spinach, lemon juice, oregano, nutmeg, walnuts, ¼ c olive oil, yeast, salt, and pepper and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 6Lay down a sheet of phyllo pastry and brush with oil. Place another sheet on top and brush it with oil.
- 7Cut this phyllo into four strips. Place filling on the bottom right of the strip and fold the pastry across to form a triangle. Keep folding until you can't fold anymore and place on the cookie sheet.
- 8Bake uncovered for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Spanakopita
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.8
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 162.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g