Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a yummy, easy to make and healthy meal. You could add extra ingredients, experiment with different seasonings.. make an extra big pot and freeze some for another day! I 'invented' this today, and it is so good I had to post the recipe before I forget it!
- 1 small-medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup diced courgette
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 400 g chopped tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 stock, cube (optional)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup red lentil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Saute the onion and garlic in a little oil. Don't brown. Add the diced sweet potato, mushroom and courgette and stir fry gently for a few minutes.
- Add everything else, and simmer gently until everything cooked.
- season to taste. A small amount of sugar (up to a teaspoon) gives many savory dishes a lift.
- Serve on cooked pasta (can be gluten free) And top with vegan cheese if desired.