Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
When you crave a rich, creamy meal, try this one. The soyballs take on a flavor of their own and really add to this dish. Use seminola noodles instead of the curly egg noodles you find in the store to keep it vegan. Double the recipe if you are cooking for more than three.
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk, plain
- 1 (14 ounce) package Gimmie Lean soy product, ground beef flavor
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3⁄4-1 cup sweet onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add vinegar to soymilk; set aside in small cup.
- Mix next five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form small soyballs and place on a oil prepped pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; broil until tops are brown--watch carefully.
- Meanwhile, saute onions and garlic in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add flour and stir for a couple of minutes; then add wine and nutmeg.
- Cooking at a simmer, slowly add half of the soymilk/vinegar mixture and stir.
- Add the remaining half along with the nutritional yeast, stirring constantly.
- Add basil and soyballs to saucepan and simmer until ready to serve.