Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
No it doesn't taste exactly like the real thing. The only way to get that is to eat it. However it good in its own right and has a lovely thick texture that you might want in cooking. The original was from the Veggie Table.
- 1⁄2 lb soft tofu or 1⁄2 lb silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- This is going to be so hard it will just boggle the mind:.
- Process all of the ingredients in the food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to the covered container and refrigerate until use. Since you don't have all the preservative they normally dump in, you have about 4 days to use this.
- Note due to the oil and the Tofu it will NOT be low fat.
- If you are adding other ingredients follow the directions for the above and then add the other ingredients such as Chives or dill and pepper.
- One last note. This makes about a cup. A cup is not a serving however that varies on how you want to use it so I can't really set the servings. So when you look at the nutritional data remember you are seeing the whole not the individual counts.