Recipe by drhousespcatcher
No it doesn't taste exactly like the real thing. The only way to get that is to eat it. However it good in its own right and has a lovely thick texture that you might want in cooking. The original was from the Veggie Table.
- 1⁄2 lb soft tofu or 1⁄2 lb silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- This is going to be so hard it will just boggle the mind:.
- Process all of the ingredients in the food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to the covered container and refrigerate until use. Since you don't have all the preservative they normally dump in, you have about 4 days to use this.
- Note due to the oil and the Tofu it will NOT be low fat.
- If you are adding other ingredients follow the directions for the above and then add the other ingredients such as Chives or dill and pepper.
- One last note. This makes about a cup. A cup is not a serving however that varies on how you want to use it so I can't really set the servings. So when you look at the nutritional data remember you are seeing the whole not the individual counts.