Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the book Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 large chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in an upright blender and puree for 20 seconds.
- In a saucepan over meium-high heat, simmer the sauce, stirring often, until it has reduced and thickened to 2 cups.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.