I was trying to come up with a recipe that resembled those Granny B's sugar cookies. You know, those soft ones with the pink frosting? I think these are similar but even if they're not exactly the same, they're still good!
- Cream margarine and sugar for about 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add mashed tofu and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture.
- You can either roll out the dough and use cookie cutters or make cookie dough balls and flatten the dough with your hand onto an ungreased cookie sheet. You want the dough to be almost the thickness you want your cookie because these don't rise much.
- Bake for around 10 mins in 350 degree oven.
- Note: You might need to adjust the flour a bit if the dough feels too wet. Also, these cookies aren't super sweet. If you like them that way, or if you aren't frosting them, you might want to add 2 more tablespoons sugar.