Recipe by Meghan
Its is a yummy alternative that I made for a substitution for smoked salmon on a bagel, it has a great flavor and hits the spot. Who says you can't have fun as a vegan?
Top Review by Green.Chef
I've never had smoked salmon spread, so I have no idea how this compares. However, this spread is delicious! It has a distinctly different taste than hummus, which is nice, since as a vegetarian I eat a lot of hummus. I will definitely make this often!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 (6 ounce) package smoked tofu
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (it's vegan, I checked)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- rice milk, soy milk (to thin if needed) or water (to thin if needed)