Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Its is a yummy alternative that I made for a substitution for smoked salmon on a bagel, it has a great flavor and hits the spot. Who says you can't have fun as a vegan?
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 (6 ounce) package smoked tofu
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (it's vegan, I checked)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- rice milk, soy milk (to thin if needed) or water (to thin if needed)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve on bagels, pita points, crackers, etc.
- Store in air tight container in the fridge.
I've never had smoked salmon spread, so I have no idea how this compares. However, this spread is delicious! It has a distinctly different taste than hummus, which is nice, since as a vegetarian I eat a lot of hummus. I will definitely make this often!
I'm giving this 4 stars because it is a creative idea and makes a good hummus-type bean dip. I didn't give 5 because it is missing the zing and special flavor I was hoping for. I think it could use a lot more lime (or lemon), more liquid smoke, s&p and additional spices. Play with it and it could be great.
This spread tastes fantastic! Okay, not exactly salmon, but it does kinda remind me of it. The only smoked tofu I could find was Thai flavored but it didn't seem to matter. Turned out nice and spreadable. I'll be putting this on sandwhiches, too.