Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
Adapted from The Vegan Slow Cooker, by Kathy Hester.
Top Review by Amy G.
Oh my goodness this was just plain awful. Even after 3 hours cooking, the rice is still hard and the tofu is chunky. <br/>Trying to save it by letting it cook longer. There HAS to be a step or three missing.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, I use medium grain
- 3 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 (300 g) carton tofu, silken style crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the rice and let it soak in clear water. I leave it for several hours, but even a half hour of soak time will improve the texture.
- Drain the rice and add it along with the broth and nutritional yeast to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in the broccoli and tofu and add more broth if the mixture seems too dry. Cook another 40 minutes, checking every 10 or 15 minutes to see if the broccoli is done.