1/2 Photos of Vegan Shortbread
I know shortbread is easily made vegan but for those who are worried about how vegan margarine will compete with butter - worry no more. This recipe I used made very buttery, not too sweet traditional shortbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 300°F.
- 2Cream together margarine and sugar.
- 3Add sifted flour 1/4 cup at a time.
- 4Use hands to mix into a soft, smooth dough.
- 5With hands press into a 1-2cm thick rectangle and use sharp knife to cut into fingers.
- 6Use fork to make pretty shortbread holes.
- 7Place in oven for 25 minutes.
- 8Let cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- 9EXTRA NOTES:.
- 10This shortbread is not overly sweet - feel free to add another loosely packed TBS or 2 of brown sugar to the mix. Feel free to sprinkle granulated sugar on top before baking. Also depending on your oven cookies can be ready after only 15-20 minutes or can be cooked for up to 50 minutes (for extra crunch and with a very golden bottom). Keep an eye on shortbread for your preference.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: