Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got the idea for this from a Kraft Foods recipe and it turned out really well. The sauce can be altered to be either sweeter or saltier depending on your tastes.
- 1 lb seitan, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 (12 2/3 ounce) package soba noodles
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the seitan and saute until it begins to brown. Add the carrots and broccoli and cook until they begin to soften. Next, add the sauces and bring to a simmer.
- In another pot, cook the soba noodles according to package directions.
- When the vegetables are al dente, take off heat. Scoop some of the noodles into a bowl and top with the vegetables. Spoon some of the sauce over the top and serve.
We loved this recipe. I did change a few things. I used the suggestion to add some spice to the dish using red pepper flakes and substituted 1/4 cup of the salty sauce for some pineapple and pineapple juice. Would definitely make this again.
Super quick and easy- nice for a weeknight meal. We thought the sauce was a tad bit plain and next time would add some hot chili flakes to kick it up a bit. Thanks for posting!