All vegans will appreciate this recipe. Not one sweet little animal was harmed making these! I love recipes like this, and had to pass it along. I hope you enjoy! 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, granules
- 1/2 cup firm tofu, mashed up
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- black pepper, for taste
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup wheat gluten flour or 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1In a bowl, pour the water and soy sauce over the TVP.
- 2When soft add the other ingredients except the gluten and mix well.
- 3When the mixture is cooled, add the gluten flour.
- 4Mix well with your hands and form into 10 thin patties (I get 5).
- 5Steam-fry in two batches in a heavy skillet sprayed with PAM until firm and browned, 7-10 minutes per side.
- 6These can be refrigerated or frozen for later use.
- 7I place them on a baking sheet and freeze them and then place them all in a freezer bag.
- 8For a quick sandwich, put them in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes, depending on the microwave, then make a sandwich with your favorite additions.
- 9In a bowl, pour the water & soy sauce over the TVP.
- 10When soft, add other ingredients (except the gluten) and mix well.
- 11When the mixture is cooled, add in the gluten flour.
- 12With your hands, mix well, forming into 10 thin patties (or 5).
- 13In a heavy skillet, spray with PAM.
- 14In 2 batches, steam fry until browned & firm, 7-10 minutes per side.
- 15You may use right away, or store in the freezer for other occasions!
- 16These can be refrigerated or frozen, carefully, for later use.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Seasoned Faux "sausage" Patties
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 640.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein