Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I don't eat dairy but I love scallop potatoes so thought I'd put something together for myself and DH.
- 3 -4 yukon gold potatoes (I used 3 1/2 medium large)
- 1 (12 ounce) package mozzarella cheese (I used Kaas soy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot coconut milk (use the unsweetened)
- 1 large sweet onion (chopped medium)
- 2 tablespoons flour (I used spelt)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350'F.
- Put the coconut milk in a saucepan. It needs to be hot when you pour it over the potatoes.
- Shred the cheese and slice the potatoes and chop the onion. I used my mandolin to slice the cheese and potatoes but cut the onion up with a knife.
- Layer the potatoes, then onion, the flour then cheese. Repeat this until you use up all the ingredients. End with the cheese.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot milk over the whole thing.
- Put on the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours. After about 60 minutes, if the potatoes getting too brown on top lower the oven shelf. You can always cover it with tin foil as well.
- Bon Appetit!