Recipe by tendollarwine
This is a variation of a recipe I got from the Kraft Foods website. It's sweet, hardy and really delicious! Sub the infused olive oil and red wine vinegar for sun-dried tomato vinaigrette if you can find a vegan one.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) package Gimmie Lean sausage flavor
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a pot of water on to boil.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the sausage and crumble in the pan into small pieces. Cook until browned.
- Add the onions and stir until they begin to soften.
- Add the tomato paste, vinegar and oil, stir until well combined, cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, return to the pot and toss with a bit of oil.
- If the sauce seems too dry, add a bit more oil and vinegar. When it's done, toss it with the rigatoni.