Recipe by COOKGIRl
I order this delicious sandwich in a local deli. For the spinach hummous in the original recipe, I substituted baby spinach leaves and regular hummous. Serve on your favorite bread: cracked wheat, multi grain, marbled rye, whole wheat sourdough, etc. Proportions are estimated.
- 4 slices bread, your choice
- hummus or soy mayonnaise, for spreading
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 small roma tomato, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 6 slices cucumbers
- 4 -6 red onions, slices
- 4 slices green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon tamari roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing (homemade or your favorite store brand)
- cracked black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each slice of bread with hummous.
- Divide and arrange remaining ingredients on each sandwich. Tip: Do not add the vinaigrette to the sandwich until just before serving or the bread will become soggy.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
- I always order (or serve) this sandwich with a cup of soupe de jour and fresh seasonal fruit.