I order this delicious sandwich in a local deli. For the spinach hummous in the original recipe, I substituted baby spinach leaves and regular hummous. Serve on your favorite bread: cracked wheat, multi grain, marbled rye, whole wheat sourdough, etc. Proportions are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bread, your choice
- hummus or soy mayonnaise, for spreading
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 small roma tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup brown button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 6 slices cucumbers
- 4 -6 red onions, slices
- 4 slices green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon tamari roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing (homemade or your favorite store brand)
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1Spread each slice of bread with hummous.
- 2Divide and arrange remaining ingredients on each sandwich. Tip: Do not add the vinaigrette to the sandwich until just before serving or the bread will become soggy.
- 3Cut in half and serve immediately.
- 4I always order (or serve) this sandwich with a cup of soupe de jour and fresh seasonal fruit.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Sandwich 101
Serving Size: 1 (838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 359.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry vinaigrette dressing